SPRING SEASON AGES 9-10 || FALL SEASON AGES 8-9
Minor League traditionally consists of 8-10 teams split between A and B leagues. The A and B leagues are split based on evaluation scores. “A” will be more skilled players, and “B” will be players that are newer to the game and/or less experienced. Typically, there are 2-3 events each week Monday – Friday and occasional Saturdays. A 1.5-hour game and/or 2-hour practices per week. Games are six innings long, except that no new inning shall begin after one hour and 30-minute time limit, and if there is a tie after six innings, additional innings may be played to try to break the tie, subject to the time limit to start a new inning. The field of play is 60-foot base paths, with the pitching mound located 46 feet from home plate.
The Minor League is a competitive and instructional kid-pitch league for players 9-10 years old in the Spring, and 8-9 years old in the Fall. Playing age is determined by how old the player is on April 30th of each calendar year.
Typically, all weekday events for Minor will begin at 7:15-7:30 PM.
EVALUATIONS - WHAT TO EXPECT
Upon arrival all players will check in and be assigned a number. The number will be written on the top of their throwing hand. After all players are checked in, introductions and instruction will begin. Players will be ranked on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest in the areas below.
There will be approximately 25 players in each group. Evaluations will take approximately 90 minutes. If a player does not want to be evaluated for pitching or catching, they may leave after Batting, Infield, Outfield and Running.
1. A dynamic warm-up led by evaluators
2. Hitting- 8 quality pitches/swings
b. All throws will be to 3rd base
GENERAL RULES FOR NORTH WAKE BASEBALL
– while every athlete needs to learn how to compete, our league was established primarily to provide children with a wholesome learning experience by teaching them to play as part of a team, to build character, and to learn baseball fundamentals. The pressures of competition should not be stressed over the learning experience. Winning or losing a game, or the score of a game, should be secondary to providing your team a positive learning experience.
– All coaches, players, parents, and...
MINOR SPECIFIC RULES
ROOKIE PLAYERS NEED
- Baseball Glove
- Batting Helmet
- Bat - MUST BE USA BASEBALL STAMPED
- Rubber Cleats – Metal cleats are NOT allowed
- Hard protective cup – Soft cups are NOT permitted
- Gray Baseball Pants
- Socks – Sock colors will be announced by Coach.
- Belt – Belt colors will be announced by Coach.
- Mouth guard - optional, but suggested
ALL BATS MUST BE USA BASEBALL STAMPED