SPRING SEASON AGES 7-8 | FALL SEASON AGES 6-7
Rookie League traditionally consists of 8-13 teams split between A and B leagues. The A and B leagues are split based on evaluation scores. “A” will be more skilled players, “B” will be players that are newer to the game and/or less experienced. Typically, there are 2-3 events each week Monday – Friday and occasional Saturdays. One or two 1.5-hour games and/or 2-hour practices per week. Games are six innings long, except that no new inning shall begin after one hour and 30-minute time limit, and a 1 hour and 45-minute drop dead. If there is a tie after six innings, additional innings may be played to try to break the tie, subject to the time limit to start a new inning.
The Rookie League is a coach-pitch competitive and instructional league for players 7-8 years old in the Spring, and 6-7 years old in the Fall. Playing age is determined by how old the player is on April 30 of the playing year.
Typically, all weekday events for Rookie will begin at 5:15-5:30 PM.
EVALUATIONS FOR ROOKIES
|Upon arrival, all players will check in and be assigned a number. The number will be written on the top of the player's throwing hand. Players will be ranked on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest, in these areas:|
GENERAL RULES FOR NORTH WAKE BASEBALL
– while every athlete needs to learn how to compete, our league was established primarily to provide children with a wholesome learning experience by teaching them to play as part of a team, to build character, and to learn baseball fundamentals. The pressures of competition should not be stressed over the learning experience. Winning or losing a game, or the score of a game, should be secondary to providing your team a positive learning experience.
– All coaches, players, parents, and...
ROOKIE PLAYERS NEED:
- Baseball Glove
- Batting Helmet
- Bat - MUST BE USA BASEBALL STAMPED
- Rubber Cleats – Metal cleats are NOT allowed
- Hard protective cup – Soft cups are NOT permitted
- Gray Baseball Pants
- Socks – Sock colors will be announced by Coach.
- Belt – Belt colors will be announced by Coach.
- Mouth guard - optional, but suggested
ALL BATS MUST BE USA BASEBALL STAMPED